This position is for a Heavy Equipment Operator Instructor and will liaise with the Bradley County School System.
Under the general supervision of Wright Brothers Construction, provides direction to students in a variety of school related settings, monitors and evaluates student outcomes, develops, selects or modifies lesson plans to ensure all student needs are met, and maintains appropriate records and follows all policies and procedures of Wright Brothers Construction and Bradley County Schools. Provides quality standards-based instruction in the area of Construction/Heavy Equipment Technology.
Role and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Demonstrates and instructs construction, carpentry skills, and other heavy equipment technology
- Instructs and demonstrates proper safety practices, procedures, and standards
- Develops and implements instructional plans and activities in the Wright Brothers laboratory at the PIE Center
- Builds positive relationships with students by providing meaningful and current instruction and by individualizing programs
- Creates and plans effective curriculum-based projects and activities correlated with specific construction concepts and Wright Brothers Specialists
- Coordinate CTE Student Organization activities for local, regional, state and/or national competition
- Attend Wright Brothers and Bradley County Schools meetings as scheduled
- Collaborates in the identification, development, implementation, and coordination of work study arrangements
- Monitors and records student progress providing formative feedback and evaluations
- Demonstrates techniques to students as a group and one-on-one, helping them to complete lessons, assignments, projects, activities, and evaluations
- Provides students with clear expectations, continual feedback, and logical consequences.
- Provides students with opportunities to expand their skills and knowledge base
- Participates in field trips to post-secondary institutes, worksites, businesses, and hands-on workshops
- Manages inventory control including materials, supplies, equipment, and tools for the lab
- Performs related duties as assigned
Education Requirements (Required when applying for positions):
- Minimum of high school diploma with 5 years’ experience in the construction field or college degree. Valid Tennessee Teaching License or postsecondary institution experience preferred, but not required.
Job requirements: Minimum qualifications
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Construction industry knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of general learning theories and curriculum development
- Ability to instruct and delegate responsibilities to students
- Ability to work independently and within a team, to work efficiently, exercising reasonable judgment, in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with minimal guidance and/or supervision
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, demonstrate problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, while maintaining diplomacy, courtesy, professionalism, and a customer service attitude
- Ability to change direction as priorities shift and thrive in environments that require the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal relationship, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pay will be commensurate with experience and skills. Medical, Life insurance and 401K benefits available.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females & Minorities are encouraged to apply. We are a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer.