Wright Brothers Construction Co., Inc. – Charleston, TN
We are currently seeking an estimator experienced in Heavy Civil Highway Construction for our home office in Charleston, TN.
The estimator will support the chief estimator in all facets of estimating on various projects. This position will involve a combination of office work and site visits. The ideal candidate will have 2 years of field experience and 2 years of estimating experience with Heavy/Highway Civil Construction.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Have knowledge of the work they are bidding.
- Attend Pre-Bid meetings and visit project sites.
- Perform a scope analysis including quantity takeoffs.
- Understand and proficiency with electronic takeoff systems such as AGTEK and Carlson Civil 2015.
- Technical competency in reviewing plans and specifications.
- Understand HCSS Heavybid and its functions.
- Understand crew composition, equipment selection, production, material requirements including waste/yield, and subcontractor support.
- Solicit material suppliers and subcontractors including potential DBE/SBE’s.
- Post Bid Award duties include assisting with final vendor selections, completing relevant owner/DOT award paperwork, and project budget setup.
Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering/Management.
Candidate will have 3 - 5 years of experience with Heavy Civil Construction Projects.
Asphalt paving experience is a plus.
Experience in HCSS Heavy Bid and Viewpoint software is a plus.
- After 90 probationary period you will be eligible for full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and others.
Qualified applicants should email their resumes to email@example.com to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, E-Verify Employer, and Drug Free Workplace!