Purchasing coordinator is responsible for accurate and timely preparation and processing of purchase orders, purchase requests, packing slips, tracking purchases, receipts and returns, in addition to keeping vendor information current.
The job requires heavy interaction with the accounting team, jobsites and all levels of management.
The purchasing coordinator will evaluate suppliers based on cost, selection, service, distribution, work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate pricing, coding, and documentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Viewpoint Experience Required
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Adhere to deadlines
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Special projects as requested
- High school degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or related field preferred
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to apply