This Project Manager position is responsible for providing leadership and supervision of heavy civil construction projects. The Project Manager will take a project from bid process to project closeout.
Key Activities and Position Responsibilities
- Research prospective project opportunities to bid.
- Develop the bid strategies.
- Prior knowledge of type work to be bid and the ability to interpret and schedule the work.
- Perform a scope analysis including quantity takeoffs.
- Technical competency in reviewing plans and specs including ability to analyze quantities for overruns and underruns.
- Proficiency in Heavy Bid software
- Solicit and negotiate with material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Coordination of all scopes of work within a project.
- For quotes and private bid submissions, prepare scope letter with clarifications and schedule of values.
- Experience preparing electronic and paper bid submissions.
- Complete any relevant owner award paperwork.
- Set-up the project budget.
- Assist with subcontractors and material supplier selection.
- Write subcontractors and major purchase orders.
- Prepare contract briefs and revisions summarizing contractual requirements and budgets.
- Perform regular site visits to gauge the health of the project.
- Use sound judgment in all project communication and ensure that key stakeholders, including the construction team, client and management are apprised of project activities in a timely manner.
- Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to clients and team members.
- Ensure that all significant information is communicated to the project executive.
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with owners, vendors, and suppliers.
- Monitor daily construction procedures to ensure that proper quality is maintained and that schedules are being followed.
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely & accurate invoicing.
- Determine project roles of team members based on project requirements, timeframes and budget.
- When necessary, work with external contractors in addition to internal resources.
- Define skill sets (competencies) required for the project based on project specifications and requirements.
- Determine resource requirements of projects, based on project specifications.
- Manage day-to-day client interaction.
- Oversee the preparation and revision of contracts that involve the purchase of goods and services.
- Procure materials and equipment and ensure appropriate inventory of both.
- Ensure that all required permits and licenses are obtained.
- Oversee all activities of subcontractors.
Education & Experience:
A 2-year associates degree preferred but not required. At least 5 years of experience working with heavy civil construction projects required. Landfill and Power experience is a plus.
Must be proficient on Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience and proficiency with AutoCad required.
- Self Motivated and able to accomplish tasks on time
- Must be able to follow direction as well as work with a team
- Some travel will be required
- Position based out of Charleston, TN
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Engage in strong analytical and problem solving skills
Salary is commensurate with experience. Wright Brothers offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package, including:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Company Vehicle, phone, laptop
Qualified candidates must pass a physical and drug screen before hiring. We encourage ALL qualified persons to apply.
An Equal Opportunity Employer • An E-Verify Employer • A Drug-Free Employer