Wright Brothers Construction Company seeks a qualified Survey Project Engineer for a project in middle Tennessee. This position will report directly to the Project Manager. A Bachelors or Associates degree in civil engineering, construction engineering, construction management, or similar related field. At least two (2) years of direct experience on a heavy civil or highway project is preferred. Experience with bridges and structures is a plus.
Must be proficient on Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as AutoCAD and Micro Station software, and be able to perform 3D modeling for GPS files.
Summary of Position
The Survey Project Engineer manages and supports surveying and operational needs for highway and heavy civil construction projects. Major responsibilities include, but aren't limited to:
• Maintaining and managing all GPS data files for a project
• Perform 3D modeling for GPS files for a project as needed
• Ensuring all GPS enabled equipment is updated with the most recent grade control files
• Setup and maintenance of site base stations, data collectors, rovers, and other associated equipment
• Maintain and manage machine GPS equipment
• Operating Trimble and Topcon systems
• Supporting operations with quick response survey and layout needs
• Coordinating with project management and design partners
• Coordinating with field management on a daily basis
• Providing project tracking data to include earthwork quantities
This is a safety sensitive position that works in an environment in which safety, environmental, and health concerns demand constant attention.
This position works in a combination of office and construction environments and is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme outdoor conditions at construction job sites. The position is very active and the employee sits, walks and stands for long periods of time and regularly performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. This requires balancing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee lifts heavy objects, pushes, pulls or carries objects, and uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. The position requires good manual dexterity. Specific hearing abilities required by this position include the ability to adequately enough to be alerted by horns, sirens, shouting, or any other noise that is meant to convey a safety warning. If a corrective device is required to achieve this level of hearing, the employee must be able to wear PPE without interfering with the corrective device or the required PPE.
Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. If corrective lenses are required to achieve this level of vision, the corrective lenses must be compliant with OSHA/MSHA requirements and the employee must be able to wear PPE without interfering with the corrective lenses or the required PPE
The employee frequently must lift or move objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 50 pounds.
The employee regularly is required to:
• read and write to accurately complete documentation.
• read, hear, and understand written and verbal instructions.
• work long shifts with non-standard break times.
• work at heights of up to 100’ or more.
• work in enclosed spaces.
• walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more).
• wear a hard hat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots
This is a full-time position which will typically involves long hours, weekend, and holiday work. Due to the nature of the job, the employee must be available on-call early/late hours to deal with delays, bad weather, and emergencies at the job site. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. When required, reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals to perform these essential functions.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Wright Brothers offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package, including:
• Medical/dental/vision insurance
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Life Insurance
Qualified candidates must pass a physical and drug screen before hiring. We encourage ALL qualified persons to apply.
An Equal Opportunity Employer • An E-Verify Employer • A Drug-Free Employer